domenica 3 maggio 2009

Google Docs


As the course goes on, I am realizing that SHARING is the 'fil rouge' of the various acrivities we are doing and of the different tools we are using. Google Docs is another example of the possibilities people have to exchange information and collaborate through the web.


Thanks to Google docs you can keep your documents online and share them with others who can in turn work on it and edit them. Here again, as for Delicious or blogs, there will be a small community of users interacting on subjects of common interest.


This system can be useful for students who have to collaborate for projects and work groups, or simply may want to check each other's works. It would be great if teachers too learned to use this tool to communicate with students, to correct their texts and send the feedbacks, for example for the final thesis.


I have to admit that I still need to practice using Google docs, but I think it will be a useful resouce for my future work, whatever it will be. Although I have the impression that this kind of tools are still perceived as too informal or 'uncontrollable', I believe they represent the future of communication, which is destined to become more and more open and dynamic.

1 commento:

  1. Hi Francesca!
    Well, as usual I agree with you! I think professors should try to use useful tools like Google Docs because I think it would be a time-saving solution when they are, for example, correcting thesis or assignments.
    I think your post is readable and well structured, and I appreciated the fact that you divided the different paragraphs through a blank space.
    I think your English is good, but I've noticed one or two things:
    * 'Deliscious':I'm sure this is just a typing mistake!
    * 'you can keep your documents online and share them with others who can in turn work on it and edit them.': since you're talking about documentS I think it's better if you maintain the same number, so 'work on them'.

    I think that's all!
    I think you've done a good work!

    See you soon in class!

    Elisa

    RispondiElimina