domenica 22 marzo 2009

RSS and feeds...the discovery of a new world.


I don't know if you already knew RSS and feeds aggegators, but for me it was a sort of 'revelation'! It is a very useful tool I think, because it allows you to keep track of blogs or websites you're interested in. You save a lot of time, and it is extremely efficient, because you get only the updates. I, for example, created a playlist with 3 italian newpaper websites, so that I can receive the news as titles, or, if I prefer to, as titles with a short explanation. I think onlines newspapers are a good way to get informed, but you don't always have the time to go into the websites, looking for the real news, as there's usually a lot of advertisement, dossiers, gossip and so on. Actually, if you're interested in gossip you can subscribe to the "gossip" RSS feed of that website ;-).
I have to say that there are a lot of useful resources to use the web in a more effective way. Unfortunately, I don't know most of them, and I think that in general they are not really exploited. We are all Internet users, but probably not very conscious ones!

Francesca

2 commenti:

  1. Dear Francesca,
    I agree with you when you say that we don't always know how to use the computer and the Internet in a more specific way. We often us the commont istruments, but we forget the possibilities that the web 2.0 has!
    Maybe this time we'll learn! :-)
    Bye Bye

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Francesca!
    I think you're right when you say that we're not conscious users of the Internet. I guess sometimes we're just too...lazy to explore the possibilities of the Web, so we stick to what we can do without doing nothing to improve our knowledge.
    I just wanted to focus your attention on your first sentence... I don't know if you can say 'I don't know if you already knew'... I always make a mess with grammar :-D but 'already' + simple past sounds a little bit strange to me... I would have said 'I don't know if you know' just to avoid the problem, you know ;-D...
    So, keep up the good work!
    Bye!

    Elisa

    RispondiElimina