domenica 15 marzo 2009

Language learning target

Unfortunately I couldn't attend our first thursday lesson, but I thought by myself about my language targets for this semester, which, by the way, is also supposed to be my last semester!
I think I need to be more accurate in structuring clauses and in the use of punctuation. So grammar is always there until the end!!! When I hear someone saying that English grammar is easy, you know, I always smile by myself :-) The difficult thing is that I'm always influenced by Italian clause structures...probably because I am surrounded by Italian. I think, then, that the blogosphere could be very usesful to plunge into English.
I often have the impression that my lexicon is quite limited. Or, better said, the words and the expressions that I know, that is, that I can recognize and understand when listening and reading, are at this stage quite a lot. The problem is, that I actually use very few of them in my oral and written productions. Another target is then trying to enrich and vary my use of language.
As I already pointed out in our initial presentations to the course, as a more general target I want to improve my oral skills: I need to be more fluent. For this purpose, our thursday lectures are particularly useful, as we have the opportunity to speak. We all learnt in our first year "Linguistica" exam that spoken language has priority over written language. It's a pitty that our university course didn't take into account this priority. It's up to us now looking for occasions to practice!


Francesca

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento